Monday, July 18, 2011

Sting shoulda known not to mess

With only a few hours left in Uganda I feel like I should be reflecting and having deep moments... I'm not. Mostly I'm just checking non existent emails, not caring too much about the U.S. loss to Japan (not sure if it's because Japan has been through so much lately and it's nice to see them happy, or if it's because it's women's soccer and, as much as I'm a feminist by African standards, I'm still a bit of a chauvinist), and downloading something to watch at the airport tonight. Deep emotional reflection hasn't made the cut yet.

Looking back on the last almost two years I see a lot of cool moments and "big" things that happened, yet for some reason it's like looking at another persons painting, it's cool and all but no connection. Life's strange like that... or maybe it's just me. Who knows, maybe the airport will yield something worth blogging about.

For those of you wanting something cool or deep, let me pilfer something from Frank Herbert:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

No comments:

Post a Comment